View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 04:57 AM   #151
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Default Re: Team USA takes on Uruguay tonight: Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
How many times has he called himself the number 1 leader? Once to my knowledge. How many times has he said in an interview Im a natural born leader, without being asked anything about leadership... I can't possibly count. Even as a rookie. And its unnecessary... go out and be a professional and do your job... Hell tell guys what to do if need be, but don't all but beat your chest in the media and call yourself a leader all the time.

In this situation, this is a allstar team. I don't care if he's to take the last shot or whatever, its about him being on a team with his peers. Where he was a tri captain last year with Melo (where many only think Lebron was a sympathy vote or forced by Nike or the NBA for captain status as Wade and Melo deserved it, and really Lebron just wasn't that great) and there are reports that the coaches had some problems with Lebron's attitude. And on the team with elder guys like Kobe and Kidd who are 2 alltime great players, and Kidd being maybe the best leader in the league and he declares himself their leader. Had he said A leader of the team, I wouldn't have batted an eye, but he takes it overboard. Just a very cocky thing to say. You think Kobe or Kidd or Melo or damn near anybody on the final roster is looking to Lebron for advice or energy or anything else? It would be a cocky thing for Kidd to say, but atleast it would be true.
From everything that I have heard, the coaches have loved the attitude and intensity that LeBron has brought to this team. Also, it is clear when watching the games that these guys love playing with each other. Melo was on his feet cheering when Bron was going off last night.

Who cares what he says in interviews? It is showing on the court just how much his teammates love playing with him. It has been reported by various sources how impressed the coaches are with him.

Yet, because he said something in an interview, you think he is disrespectful to the other players on the team? There are a lot of leaders on this team. LeBron is one of them. Personally, I think it is a good sign that he is not simply deferring to the veterans. I'm sure JKidd thinks he is the leader. Kobe thinks he is the leader. Melo thinks he is the leader.

If you have four or five 'leaders' on the court, I don't see how that can be a bad thing.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote