View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 11:13 AM   #7
RidonKs
rank sentamentalist

Default Re: Need a clutch shooting game? Play seven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
Don't know what games are you talking about, but what we play is we have two balls, and first two people of the line shoot from the free throw line. If second person in line makes a shot first, the first one is out. If the first one makes his shot, he passes to the next in line. Players can rebound and shoot as many shots/layups as they want as long as the person behind them doesn't score first. They can interrupt their shots depending on the rules. It's an ok game. I usually dominate because I don't have good shooters as friends.
this is calle 'bump' or 'knock-out' where i'm from, depending on whether you're allowed to whip your ball at someone else's and send it down to the other end of the court. been playin that since like 5 y/o haha. dunno if those names are universal tho

i still play a solo game that i'm pretty sure thorpe suggested years ago. iirc it was a game ray allen played to work on his jumper. bear in mind this isn't for set shots, its for rapid fire to make it a contest. it's really simple. start at 0, every shot you make you add 1, every shot you miss you subtract 2. try to make it to 10 before you make it to -10. sometimes i do it for baby hooks and reverse layups if i wanna make it easy. other times catch and shoot midrange as i said. also a good game to play with a partner rebounding as you dance around the three point line and get some rhythm going.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote