View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 01:39 PM   #11
RidonKs
rank sentamentalist

Default Re: Lay ups and euro step

yeah... if you know ur strengths and can convince the defender you want to go to your weakside every time, then you can do that. i just like the unpredictability of going either side. wait to see which way the defender leans, then explode the opposite way.... by the time he begins to recover, you've already double crossed and he's flying in the wrong direction.

i rarely euro in the halfcourt, which means when i do it im flying on the break so i'm almost always jumping off one foot. honestly im having some trouble imagining slowing myself down enough to go off two feet.

most it comes down to balance imo.. finding the space between yourself and the defender and then forcing ur body into that space by tricky footwork. that's why i think its important going off either foot. if u r constantly going the same way, defense may learn or just guess right.

there are variations too that are fun... like u plant your first foot hard to slow momentum, plant ur second foot soft, then spin back for a baby hook or turnaround. or just slow down so much that the defender sails past into the baseline... u see harden do this where by the time he's shooting the ball, he's vertically upright without any forward momentum

good call on the props tho that sounds about ideal. especially getting started. there is too much to think about re:footwork for a beginner to go against a live defender right away
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote