View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 09:01 PM   #1
ClipperRevival
NBA rookie of the year

Default Message to the young ballers.

If you truly love the game, don't wait until you are too old to work on your game. I'm 39 now and have been playing the game on a regular basis since I was 15, or 1991. But I didn't truly work on my game until I was about 30. There is a difference between playing pick up games and working on your game, by yourself, to get better. All I know is if I could do it over again, I would've worked on my game at 15 instead of waiting until I was 30.

The bottom line is that you are only young once. You have your natural athleticism, reflexes and stamina up until a certain age before it goes downhill. If you truly love the game and want to be as good as you can be, don't do what I did and wait until it's too late to work on your game.

For some, just playing pick up games is fine. It's fun, great exercise and you just play. But if you are like me and have a true love for this game and don't want to ask, "what if", when you get my age, put in the work now and see how far you can go. Yes, bball is a game of natural talent but it's also a game of skill. The more you work on your game, the better you get. See how good you can be while you are still young.

P.S. I would still ball most of you youngsters up right now. Lol.
ClipperRevival is offline   Reply With Quote