View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 05:37 PM   #21
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Could A. Davis be a bust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
I don't like Davis as #1 overall.

My NBA team-building/draft philosophy is "never draft a one-way prospect with the top pick." I feel like with that pick you HAVE to grab a guy that is NOT a mismatch on the defensive end when facing elite players and can be a part of your offensive philosophy from day one.

I do not have a issue with Davis being ranked as the top prospect. Davis has shown flashes of offensive potential, and will be a factor as a help defender immediately.

Still because of my philosophy and how high the rest of the league is on him I'd trade out of the top slot if I was New Orleans.
I know none of you care but I feel like sharing.....

I now scout on a freelance basis. Will be opening a full scouting service in 2017. This post is what made me change my approach to scouting.

I made this post after having watched a handful of Kentucky games. Most while in bars, some while listening to music. So I never realized that Davis had only been 6'9" for a little over a year.

Despite having basketball contacts in Chicago I never contacted any of them, so I wasn't aware that he was viewed as a probable All-City candidate when he was a 6'3" shooting guard.

I made my evaluation without even attempting to get all the info available on the prospect.

If any of you is interested in becoming a pro scout I will tell you now that it is not solely about the basketball evaluations. You need to go get every single piece of info that is out there.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote