View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 10:42 AM   #23
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Could A. Davis be a bust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
I know none of you care but I feel like sharing.....

I now scout on a freelance basis. Will be opening a full scouting service in 2017. This post is what made me change my approach to scouting.

I made this post after having watched a handful of Kentucky games. Most while in bars, some while listening to music. So I never realized that Davis had only been 6'9" for a little over a year.

Despite having basketball contacts in Chicago I never contacted any of them, so I wasn't aware that he was viewed as a probable All-City candidate when he was a 6'3" shooting guard.

I made my evaluation without even attempting to get all the info available on the prospect.

If any of you is interested in becoming a pro scout I will tell you now that it is not solely about the basketball evaluations. You need to go get every single piece of info that is out there.

Congrats and best of luck. I say that all the time about evaluations. Sometimes you have to take what you read more importantly than what you see, because for the laymen, that's as close as you're going to get to having real inside info, and then you have to filter that through other stuff, like Calipari is a guy who will blow smoke about his guys to help him recruit further, while other coaches seem to be more honest about their prospects.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote