View Single Post
Old 06-04-2016, 02:54 PM   #12
Thorpesaurous
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: My Crazy Mock 2016

25. Los Angeles Clippers
WHAT I THINK WILL HAPPEN: I still have to worry about Murray on this side, but this isn’t the team. Things could change dramatically if they choose to move Blake, but I just don’t see it happening. I think they’re going to make one more real run with this group. They could really use some help filling out the wings, but there’s not much here that would work. Patrick McCaw and DeAndre Bembry have all around games that would probably help here, but they’d never get into rotations, and don’t have the athletic upside looking forward. They are, as always, thin up front behind DeAndre Jordan. Stephen Zimmerman has some pedigree as a prospect and some upside. I also think they’re intrigued by Bentil as a PF who can space the floor, and maybe serve as an emergency plan if they do decide to move Blake. I think they’ll take Bentil.
WHAT I WOULD DO: I have another guy that I like more than most, in addition to Bentil, and it’s another Big East guy. Isiah Whitehead from Seton Hall is cut from a similar cloth as Lance Stephenson, a guy Doc Rivers tried to use as a secondary ball handler to Paul. Whitehead is big and strong and fearless going to the rim, makes plays on the move, and has legit NBA range. He’s just streaky at everything. His decision making is as streaky as his jumper. Jamal Crawford’s deal is up, and that may be a role Whitehead could play.

26. Philadelphia (From Oklahoma City via Denver and Cleveland)
WHAT I THINK WILL HAPPEN: A third first rounder for Philly, a team with Three centers, two PFs, a PG we just drafted two picks ago, no wings. I talked about Murray a few picks ago, but even with the value, I’m not sure I could do that to Ulis if I took him. Stashing someone would make a ton of sense, but that’s reaching now. Patrick McCaw is a pure wing who’s got the athletic chops to hang, and plays a smart game. If he jumper continues to develop he could work there.
WHAT I WOULD DO: On this side I got caught with Murray as my PG. I have the same issues with Hernangomez and Luwawau as I did a few picks ago. They’ve gotta start throwing some assets at the wing spots, and both McCaw and Bembry and fine in this range. I actually like Bembry a bit better as a player, but he just doesn’t shoot it well enough. I’d take McCaw here too.

27. Toronto
WHAT I THINK WILL HAPPEN: This is Toronto’s second first rounder. I predicted them with Henry Ellensen as a stretch four before. Dejuante Murray has finally fallen too far. For a team this good, they’ll be hard pressed to help themselves for next year anyway. Murray’s upside is worth more than what they can get production wise. And he would provide some minimal insurance for the notion of DeRozen leaving. More like replacing Terrence Ross as he moved up. Either way that would be a disaster.
WHAT I WOULD DO: I took Skal Labissier as a stretch four who can protect the rim if all works out for him with their first pick. Yabusele would be an interesting pairing. He’s undersized, but skilled, and moves well, and just absurdly strong. I could see them trying him along the lines of how they used James Johnson in those short stretches where he wasn’t out of his mind. And he’s a potential replacement for the almost shockingly competent Patrick Patterson.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote