View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 01:32 PM   #36
YogaFuegoFlamas
Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Sneaker Prices Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbxKDfuLAgw&nohtml5

I was watching this and the guy goes "$125, at it's price point you really can't go wrong"

....wtf? Why are we being charged these amounts for a bunch of plastic mass produced in a factory that cost 5 bucks to manufacture?

I see these "Jordan retros" come out every once in a while going for 170 bucks....wtf? Limiting quantity on decades old shoes to give off the image that they are some exclusive commodity like a rare painting or some sh!t...

It's just ridiculous that every halfway decent performance bball sneaker is coming out for 140+ bucks when these things are no harder or more expensive to make than box of tissues.

Sneakers are sorta priced in an aye hole kinda way... I paid tha full muscle one time for my Air Penny 5's ($185) and thought to myself, 'I'm from Memphis, but has Penny ever done $185 worth of anything in my life??'

But Nike has clearly earned tha right to name their price. Top athletes, top designs, top marketing, top shoe technology, top brand reputation for decades. They set tha market and I believe lesser competition has to overcharge just to keep up.

Jordan, let's just pretend they're not there. Tha sneaker game looks pretty intriguing in those small moments that you can pull that off lol
YogaFuegoFlamas is offline   Reply With Quote