View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 10:05 AM   #12
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Browns LT Joe Thomas says the Browns should take Myles Garrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
Of COURSE they should take him. Anyone who says otherwise is stupid.

Why reach on a FAR from sure-thing QB when you could get a can't miss pass rusher. Especially since the QB class next year will be far better.

If you still suck (which you probably will), draft Rosen or Darnold in 2018.

At least you have a base with Garrett. No sense getting into the will-he-or-won't-he turmoil right now when you have no other pieces to work with.

Kessler is fine as a stop-gap for another year. Who knows..maybe he can show somwthing. He had glimpses of very solid play last year.

I would agree with you for most NFL teams but this is the Browns. It seems like they always had that logic in passing up QB's early in the draft due to concerns of them not being ready or overrated and then they draft a QB later in the draft(They selected Weeden, Manziel, Quinn the latter first round, McCoy in the 2nd round, etc..) They never selected a QB that was touted to be a "Franchise QB" with their top picks despite them having a shit ton of top 5 picks over the years and instead drafted players with alot of questions or not as talented(Manziel was a maniac, Weeden was like a 30 year old QB, McCoy never had the potential, Quinn was hyped but had issues with arm strength, etc). Sometimes you have to take a gamble on that QB. Especially for an organization like the Browns who never had a decent QB and don't have the history in place to win without a QB(Like the Ravens for example). But that being said I have no clue on how good the QB's in the draft are so maybe passing up is the best idea.

BTW, Why didn't Kessler play more last year? I know he had injury problems but it seemed odd they'd bench a rookie QB who was playing well for RG3 coming off injury. Why not see what he was made of?
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote