View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 12:40 PM   #41
hateraid
Is it in you?

Default Re: Sneaker Prices Out of Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
I'd actually have more respect (less disdain) with kids wearing NMDs than one wearing retro Jordans. You're absolutely right, Jordans are for nostalgia, same reason why nike could charge over $200 for them. They are marketed to older people who can spend the $200.

But for teenagers? Absolute sheep. How can they connect to the shoe when they couldn't possibly have watched the man play in his prime. More disappointed with their parents spending that kind of cash just so their kid could fit in.

With NMDs, it's actually a reasonable price point, looks comfortable, and most importantly it defines their generation. Let the kids love sneakers of today. They don't need some old guy telling them what's cool or not, they can decide for themselves.

Boosts are the Jordans of my time. Although it's absurd the resell Yeezy's can get. My friend told me he got a steal at $1300????

Back in my day resell wasn't as common but even then 3 times the price was cap. 6x+? Unbelievable.

The shoe landscape is completely different now. It's a resellers game. People buy shoes with intent to resell, not collect. I'd don't look at people's shoes as collections, I look at them as second hand stores.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote