View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 05:11 PM   #33
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Default Re: 2017 Draft Lottery Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naero
I think the Lakers are replete enough of young talent to steadily rebuild with or without it, but I'd definitely love to retain this draft pick as a safety cushion in case none of the current pillars blossom or if there is no prudential trade that can be made for a superstar (can't depend strongly on the free-agency pool to fish in superstars nowadays due to various reasons).

For once, I'd love all the anti-Lakers conspiricists to be proven right in their theories that they plan to rig the draft in favor of the Lakers. The Internet will be fraught with meltdowns if the Lakers win the number-one pick, and I'll love it enough that I'll actually snoop around the #rigged hashtag on Twitter to see all of the gems.

The Lakers need that pick. 100%. Can't really even explain how important it is. This draft has some great prospects near the top. They could add a potential superstar next to Ingram/Randle/Russell. I think sliding Russell over to the SG spot next to Ball would benefit him alot as well. His physical tools have kinda limited what he can do creating vs others at the NBA level. The Lakers have good young talent, but IMO a step behind some other young squads and if they hit on this years pick that could potentially change.

Probably the only time I'll be able to say this a Nuggets fan but I'll actually feel for Lakers fans if they lose it. They'd eventually lose another to Orlando, right? After the season they had, you need lottery talent. Can't imagine being a Brooklyn fan.

Outside of the Nuggets pick, the Lakers/Philly situation actually makes the lotto super exciting. It's so important for both franchises.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote