View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 08:50 AM   #10
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Default Re: Is Derek Carr in the top 3 in the NFL in terms of arm talent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
Well I am certainly not trying to say that Smith has a good arm, I am just saying that it seems like release time might not be a good way to measure arm talent.

Anyway I pretty much agree with everything you have said in this thread. While I might rank Luck and Stafford ahead of Carr right now, Carr could easily pass them if he takes another step forward next year. For the record, after my local(ish) Seahawks, the Raiders might be my next favorite team in the league (especially now that they have one of my absolute all time favorite players in Marshawn).... so I am certainly no Carr hater. I want nothing but the best for that team.

Carr could go out and sling 25 picks and have a 75 rating and It wouldn't change anything about "arm talent"
Cam Newton has tremendous arm talent but he's an average passing QB. His arm talent didn't go up and down by virtue of his MVP season and hissub par season last year.

Stafford, Flacco, Cam and Rodgers are superior to Carr in arm talent.

Healthy Luck (we'll see this year) would rank at the bottom of that elite tier above. Carr fits in next to Luck.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote