View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 10:13 PM   #14
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Default Re: Fantasy Team Grades and Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Saw yesterday Forte is getting cut if they can't trade him. And Powell was 2nd highest scoring RB last 4 weeks of 2016 I read. He's had a good preseason. But admittedly I haven't actually watched him play.
It is just amazing to me that Forte is about to be cut. Yes, he is 31 which is an old for the position. Sure, injuries have been mounting over the years and the Jets have younger, higher ceiling guys in their stable.

But the guy can still play at a high level when he is healthy. He has averaged around 4 ypc his last two years and is still formidible as a pass-catching H-back.

He isn't a workhorse anymore and I'm sure this is all about cost-cutting (much like Joe Haden earlier today) ... but it is hard to believe that he doesn't make the Jets better.

SMH. The NFL is just brutal. That's why I will never blame a guy for following the paychecks, loyalty be damned. As soon as a veteran player's bottom line even approaches the assett-to-cost threshold, he is as good as gone. A guy doesn't even have to be washed up anymore... just a little regression and >30yo.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote