View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 12:45 PM   #22
UK2K
NBA Legend

Default Re: Fantasy Team Grades and Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUTěN
One of my draft strategies this year was avoiding "just a guy" RBs whose ADP is based off 1 good year (or even just part of a good year). Last year I felt like those types ended up huge disappointments - guys like Jeremy Hill, CJ Anderson, Thomas Rawls, even Todd Gurley.

Obviously Powell didn't take a huge investment, but guys like Melvin Gordon, Jay Ajayi, Jordan Howard just made me nervous that high in the draft. Interested to see how smart or dumb I look for this at the end of the season.

Ajayi has bad knees, and its only a matter of time before he can't walk anymore.

I had Gordon last year and he was highly dependent on TDs, which can be fluky from season to season. McCoy is getting too old, and their team is dysfunctional. Freeman lost his OC who was the most important piece of that Falcons team last year.

The higher end RBs I targeted a lot were:

Howard - One of the best O-lines, and plenty of opportunity.
Crowell - See above.
CJ Anderson - See above. I know, he was kinda ass last season, but they made huge improvements to the O-line and the receivers are enough to keep the defense honest.

Also like Dalvin Cook, although I tend to stay away from rookies because for every Zeke, there's a turd who takes a long time to adjust to the NFL.

Receivers were everywhere though.
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote