View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 06:07 PM   #42
JerebkoTaylor
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: If NBA Trending To Become More Popular Than NFL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Fair enough, you got me there.

In the end, the overall point still stands. Globally, nba is way bigger than nfl in popularity. Go to random 100 players in China or India or Australia or Russia or Venezuela and ask them who is Tom Brady, JJ Watt, Jerry Rice or Lawrence Taylor.. 99% of people will have zero idea. Now ask those same people who is LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, or even Michael Jordan.. Many of them will probably know who they are. Nba is just much more global, and it's not even close. I'm off on the numbers, but not the overall idea/point behind it.
Im not arguing with you there, The NBA is globally far far bigger than the NFL, but as far as knowledge of players thats most likely because of NBA being a players league as compared to theNFL where the team is marketed and not the player. NBA is also easier to market merchandise, jerseys, shoes so they become a brand in itself with their sponsors.

Also, football players you barley see without their helmet.

I wouldnt be surprised if americans if looking at nba players vs football players would be able to name more nba faces than nfl even though nfl is a lot more popular. NBA players are seen everywhere with ads. I 100% positive Kobe, MJ, Lebron and all the other mega superstars are more known than ANY football player.
JerebkoTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote