View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 10:14 AM   #25
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Default Re: Are you team safety or team personal freedoms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
As UK already said, you're NEVER going to stop someone from selling a gun to someone privately. I've sold 3 or 4 guns to my coworker. Nothing illegal about that.

If there are gun stores selling guns without acquiring a valid ID, then shut those places down. Revoke their license. I don't think anyone has a problem with that.

Again, this shooter apparently had over 40 weapons total, but only used one to kill 59 people. So the amount of guns one owns isn't the problem.

I had agree that the number one owns isn't a problem. I'm talking society. I'm not gonna talk down to you and explain supply and demand but I will say that artificially inflating the value of guns will over time reduce the trafficking of them and the easy availability as the current cheap shittier guns gradually stop working and filter out.

I'm talking about decades here. There is no single thing you could do to fix this problem tomorrow. And you won't fix it fully over decades. But you will save a lot of people. Not from the mob and cartels with unlimited money. But you'll save a lot of people from these low level knuckleheads who don't have $1400 for a gun or even more for one on the black market.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote