View Single Post
Old 10-03-2017, 10:30 AM   #33
r15mohd
College star

Default Re: Are you team safety or team personal freedoms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
So a responsible gun owner wouldn't sell their guns, because there's no telling what someone else may do with it?

Not trying to be a smartass, I'm just not following your line of thought here.

So you're going to make it illegal for me to sell the guns I already have? Or are you going to make me responsible for the person I sold the gun to, which in effect makes selling a gun nearly illegal? What about if he sells the gun, am I responsible for that person too?

you lawfully passed all checks (mental, non-felon, etc) to purchase your gun -- it is yours. however, after some time, you want to upgrade and see no need to keep the one you already own. in being allowed to sell this gun privately, be it to any individual through a 1:1 sale or gun fair, etc, the potential buyer will need to pass those same pre-requisites in being able to have transfer of ownership.

if they fail to check out, you cannot sell to that person. if you do sell to that person (at this point, in an illegal fashion as the buyer is deemed unfit to own/possess), you are held liable as you knowing completed the sale regardless of the background checks completed.

only time you can sell the gun privately, is to an individual who passes their background checks, mental fitness, etc...if you see this as a burdened instance, there are licensed gun shops who will gladly purchase your firearms and already in good standing with the same checks and balances to do so, and almost immediately able to complete trasnfer of ownership as they're licensed already.

Last edited by r15mohd : 10-03-2017 at 10:36 AM.
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote