View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 06:47 PM   #44
Orlando Magic
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: So is a Black baby born today already at a disadvantage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Wealth makes drives and IQ a lot less important. You think it was drive and IQ that got George bush jr into Yale?

One or two driven intelligent family members can set up a family for generations. In America....being driven and intelligent for a black male wasn't anything close to as likely to result in wealth as it is now until what....the 70s at best?

Drop me in 1960 I'm not nearly as likely to be what I am. Wouldn't make that version of me less intelligent. Hell drop me in Liberia at birth I wouldn't be either. Nobody would have taught me to read and I'd have probably been a soldier in general butt nakeds army of heroin addicted children....

You aren't just destined to be what your mental potential will allow. Idiot have run countries and geniuses die every day and get buried in unmarked graves.

I edited my post to specifically note that I was excluding inheritance because I knew someone would nitpick that... George Bush is also far more intelligent than people give him credit for... he was not particularly articulate and he didn't have nearly the amount of charisma of a Barack or a Bill, but the dude was and is far more intelligent than your average white american, heh... just saying.

So long as they raise their kids right and teach them how to manage their money, sure, but let's not act like everyone that gets... let's say $10 million... brings their family into generational wealth status that knows how to expand upon it... if their kids don't blow it, it's probable that their grandkids will... let's take Paris Hilton... you think if her parents gave her the keys to all of the wealth that she would have kids and they'd all be wealthy for generations? Hell no! They'd blow through that shit like water and the well would run dry.

Is there generational money? Sure there is. But more often than not one of the kids blows the shit out of it.

I made it specifically clear in my post that nurture is important in terms of your IQ also... in no way shape or form are genetics the only important factor in determining your success level and IQ, but genetics ARE the biggest factor.

You have to have both, I can't stress that enough, but genetics are the biggie.
Orlando Magic is online now   Reply With Quote