Does Hack-A-Player Ever Work?
I simply do not understand this strategy. It never seems to work.
Sure, sometimes the percentages seem to be in your favor (a guy goes 3/8 or whatever) but the other costs outweigh the benefits:
- It always seems to bring the other team closer together
- It always makes the other team play harder to make up for the disrespect
- It ruins the flow for your own team
- It demonstrates to your own team a lack of confidence in their D
- When poor shooters go to the line, inevitably the rebounds are more difficult to judge and often times go back in the hands of the shooting team