Thread: Trade Ideas
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 06:28 AM   #13
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

Default Re: Trade Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
Scenario #1: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=557~2810~933~2423&teams=14~14~ 20~20&te=&cash=

Nice little trade, give Philly some talent and an expirer. Dorrell Wright could develop into something nice. Miami gets Miller to join D-Wade in the backcourt. Probably won't win them a championship, but puts them one move closer to getting one. And if it doesn't work, Miller only has two years left on his deal anyway.

Scenario #2: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2386~3046~2423&teams=14~20~20& te=&cash=

Also add in a first rounder going to Philly. Philadelphia gets Wright to develop, and a future 1st rounder to go along with the one they already own, and Quinn is just a filler. Miami gets a sidekick for D-Wade, and Ricky Davis can come off the bench.

Scenario #3: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2386~557~3046~933~2423&teams=1 4~14~20~20~20&te=&cash=

Basically a combination of #1 and #2, and Philly gets Miami's 1st rounder this time, too. Miami gets a legitimate shot at contending this year, and Philly gets three guys who are expirers and they have the option to not resign any of them if they don't like what they got this season, and they still have a pick that might end up making lottery.

That's it for my scenarios. Share yours, and comment on mine.

WTF are you smoking?

These are some of the worst trade proposals I've ever seen. Maybe you should stick to posting in the Spurs forum because those proposals are downright disgusting.

The Sixers are attempting to develop their young talent and doing a decent job at it surprisingly. What in the world would they want to do with Jason Williams? Andre Miller is a good point guard. The Sixers would actually need to get offered something more than an expiring contract and another swingman to obtain Miller.

You honestly think the Sixers would be inclined to give up their best player in Iggy to get Dorell Wright? And people thought that the Gasol trade was bad. This is one of the worst trade proposals I've ever seen.

Nonetheless what really takes the cake as the worst trade proposal I've ever seen is trade scenario 3. This one just makes me laugh. I'm sure the sixers would be willing to give up their two best players for a combination of Chris Quinn, Jason Williams, and Dorell Wright. Wow, I'm pretty speechless. Last I checked the sixers had a much better record, more cap room, and more young talent than the Heat.

Chris Quinn is lucky that he's even playing in the NBA. Jason Williams probably won't be in the league after this year. Dorell Wright is a mediocre project at best. Thaddeus Young looks like 3x the player Wright is and he's a rookie. Please try harder next time.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote