View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 02:54 AM   #12
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Gasol Ankle Sprain Gasol Ankle Sprain & Status - POST ALL UPDATES HERE

Quote:
Gasol missed about two weeks after sustaining a sprained ankle in training camp that produced "similar pain, a similar reaction," he said.

X-rays were negative and an official recovery timetable will be determined today after Gasol undergoes an MRI exam either in Houston or Los Angeles.

Gasol went with the team on its charter flight to Houston, where the Lakers play Sunday, but it looked like it would be a painful evening.

Before leaving New Orleans Arena, he had his left foot propped up on a padded trainer's table as he received "electro-stim" treatment. When it was time to go, he winced as he pulled on a black sock. Trainer Gary Vitti slowly and gingerly applied a walking boot, and Gasol walked out on a pair of metal crutches.

"We've got to make sure there's no damage on the ligaments, at least not too bad," said Gasol, who seemed determined to return soon. "I enjoy playing basketball. I don't enjoy watching. I'm not a watcher. I want to be back as soon as I can."

It looked like he would miss the final three games of the Lakers' trip.

"I would be ecstatic if it was only the next three," Coach Phil Jackson said. "Maybe not ecstatic, but, you know, happy."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...wed-storylevel
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote