Thread: Lebron's Future
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 05:41 PM   #33
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Lebron's Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
THERES A CLAUSE in his contract that MAKES HIM MORE MONEY if he goes to a big market. STFU and stop calling people out. its obvious you can't bear to think lebron might leave but jesus christ theres at least a good possibility.

Do you know how stupid what you just wrote sounds? He has a clause in his contract that if he plays for a big market he makes more money?

Read that again.

HIS CONTRACT IS WITH THE CAVALIERS, WHY WOULD THEY WANT HIM TO PLAY FOR ANOTHER TEAM?

The BS you are referring to is his contract with Nike.

So let me break this down for you:

What makes more sense?

Make more money from Nike and lose all your other endorsements because your team sucks, or win with your current team, keep all your endorsements and make new ones, and possibly lose a little bit of money through Nike?

Quote:
Did you just imply his money isn't tied to his basketball career? WTF.

Big difference between winning and losing, and what jersey you happen to be wearing while you do it. Winning counts. What market you're in, doesn't.

Oh, and winning isn't the only thing Lebron has going for him, either. Players are known for the team they play for the most, or played for during their best years. Shaq will probably always be known for his MVP's with the Lakers. MJ will always be known for the Bulls, and very few people will remember Karl Malone played 1 or 2 years with the Lakers.

Clyde Drexler won 2 titles with the Rockets, but I'll bet you at least half of the people who watched him play, still thought about all those great years as "the Glide" in Portland.

Quote:
uh... how about you're whole damn team sherlock. they all signed the petition except for lebron and damon.

First off, the petition you're referring to was signed by a bunch of guys who are pretty much not with the team anymore. There's probably a handful of guys left from that petition.

Second off, I said SUPERSTARS.

Are you implying that our entire team was composed of superstars? I can't begin to predict how many laughs that will get around the board.

Quote:
Lebron had an opportunity to use his celebrity athlete status as a political force but he shied away because Nike asked him not to. Lebron is NIKE's best basketball star right now they aren't going to fire him. He could've made a stand but he is not the type of guy to be concered with human rights issues.

Learn all that by being one of his inside guys, did you? Oh wait, no. You just read a bunch of bs in the papers and made a lot of assumptions.

Quote:
why the hell do you sign your posts just to let everyone know what you just said was some wacked out homer ****?

Let me abuse you one last time.

First off, if you think you're the first person to bi+ch about me signing my name, you're not. So tough luck there. Second, if you think it changes anything, it doesn't. So I trust you won't be stupid enough to bring it up again.

Lastly, go ahead and ask any Cavs fan on this board and they will tell you I'm the most critical person on this board as far as the Cavs go.

My god damn avatar is a picture of the Cavs coach x'ed out.

So there goes your homer theory.

Mathius

Last edited by Mathius : 03-31-2008 at 05:44 PM.
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote