Thread: Who to draft ?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 07:05 PM   #2
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Who to draft ?

I don't follow college ball much, so I'm pretty much useless as far as specifics. I know a little about Hibbard, because I watched OH state play Georgetown last year, but I don't think I've heard of anyone else on that list.

I wouldn't waste the pick on a center there, there have been too many busts at that position to bother with, especially in the "draft a project late in the draft" category.

I think the Cavs need to take the best scorer possible at that position, with emphasis on a pure shooter or a PF type.

I think with the addition of Delonte West, and having Lebron on the team already, the biggest thing we lack is a second scorer. If we can get that from a big man, or a shooter, that would be best. SG and PF are our weak positions as I see it.

I think Ben Wallace is still a beast defensively, but adds nothing on offense.

I honestly don't see a quality big man being available that late in the draft anyways.

I would also be looking at trades, if there is any interest, or look for someone to fall, like Marcus Williams did last year, or Sean Williams this year.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote