Thread: Lebron's Future
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 07:13 PM   #38
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Lebron's Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
New Jersey has a good chance of having a better supporting cast for Lebron than Cleveland does in 2009-2010. Regardless, Lebron wouldn't lose any endorsements even if he was on a losing team. Did you see all those Dwyane Wade commercials this year?

You're so clueless it's laughable. Did you know Dwayne Wade was answering phones the other day for season ticket holders? Fact. Printed in the newspaper. Fact. That's what this so-called superstar is up to these days.

What the hell makes you think NJ is going to be in better shape by 2009 than the Cavs?

You're talking about an organization with a history of losing up until a guy named Jason Kidd came around, unless you want to go back to the ABA days.

The Cavs have a chance to dump Ben Wallace, Devin Brown, Delonte West, Joe Smith, Eric Snow, Wally S, and Damon Jones before Lebron's contract is up. We don't even have to do anything, just let them expire. Do you know how much money that adds up to? Don't talk to me about NJ's cap space.

Quote:
c'mon man. if Lebron went to LA or New York he'd be selling a lot more jerseys than in cleveland. its that simple. yes the market is international but a lot of money comes from the home fans who root for him.

And how does that logic work? Because there are more people living in Brooklyn? Is that what you're insinuating works? Lebron is global now. He can't get any bigger. The only way he's going to make any more money is outside of basketball, and those sales are going to be directly propelled by him winning.

Quote:
see thats you're whole thing your just trying to get laughs out of the board and please others instead of make rational arguments of your own. if you weren't you wouldn't waste your time acting like a made a statement that you're whole team was superstars.

I don't consider your ideas rational. Bringing up Darfur, and the fact that he has Chosen One on his back, or his reaction to a question about Starbury basketball shoes. Those are the kind of juvenile, uneducated responses I expect from this board.

As if you can judge a celebrity by what you hear in the media. You want to question his values? How about the fact that he's stuck by his high school sweetheart through 5 years in the NBA, he's grown up here and had a huge house built in the area, because he's obviously happy here. See? I can play on media stories too. The fact is, nobody knows what Lebron is like except the people he hangs out with daily.

You guys talk about his relationship with Jay-Z as if he isn't just simply allowed to have friends. No way, it must be business related! I sure as hell wouldn't work for my best friend. WAY too many complications there.

Quote:
you're a homer in the sense that

1) You have a very idealistic view of Lebron as some hometown hero
2) You dismiss the New Jersey Nets who are clearing cap space, have valuable trade bait, and two young stars as a garbage team with no future and no alure to lebron... even though one of his close friends is an owner and they are building a brand new arena in brooklyn.

Mathius

1. I don't have an idealistic view of $hi+. If Lebron left Cleveland, I wouldn't follow his basketball career anymore than any other guy in the league. I followed this franchise long before he came around, and will long after. But if you guys are going to spout ridiculous drivel, I'll pipe in from time to time.

2. YOU dismiss the fact that just about our whole roster except for Z, Andy, and Sasha expires before Lebron's contract is up. Don't talk to me about NJ's cap space, because I'll just laugh in your face. YOU overlook the fact that Lebron grew up watching this franchise, never mind a relationship with his friend he met after becoming a superstar, AND the fact that Dan Gilbert has already proven he's not afraid to dump as much cash as necessary to both sign good players, AND renovate and update the Q, to keep it as fun an atmosphere as possible.

Your whole big thing is, you say Lebron is leaving because of Jay Z, and his Nike contract, but you can't list a single reason why he shouldn't be happy where he is.

Ferry has proven he isn't afraid to shake things up as much as possible to get the pieces we need here in town.

And lastly, you don't have a damn clue what Cleveland fans are all about. Because we have more team spirit, more loyalty than any other city in the world, and you'll NEVER understand that.

If Lebron leaves, that would be his loss, not ours. We'll be here long after he's gone.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote