View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 10:06 AM   #21
zybine
I airball my layups

Default billups

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Meanwhile, Billups would simply dominate Euroleague. He could lead any European team to a championship.

That is so true. I think the main difference between euroleague and NBA lies in the fact you don't have in Europe exceptional talents like Dirk, Nash, Wade, Lebron and alii. If you take a closer look, euro teams compensate their lack of individual leaders with team play and (and that is something one too rarely mentions) heart. This is also a result of spectators' passion for the game. Just compare an NbA third quarter between charlotte and toronto with a Partizan Belgrad-Panathinaikos Athens game...
Next world championships in japan and olympic games in China are going to be deceiving from this point of view : not too many euro addicts in the audience. I figure the French will be a team to follow, especially in 2008 : Euro culture + nba individuals.
pg : Tony Parker
sg : pietrus/morandais (former of Colorado)
sf : gelabale (sonics would-be : he's a really good one, very convincing in one of the best euro teams Real Madrid)
pf : diaw/turiaf
c : petro/mahinmi/yacoubha diawara (former of Pepperdine)

the next wave of talents (born after 1986) are even better (ever hard of Joakim Noah ?)

I read above mahinmi, drafted by the spurs, had abysmal stats. Wrong : 20 mpg, 9.7 ppg, 5.2 rpg. Should move to Pau-Orthez next year, where pietrus and diaw blossomed a few years ago. A promising young fellow.

Last edited by zybine : 06-10-2006 at 01:11 PM.
zybine is offline   Reply With Quote