View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 05:34 AM   #1
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Should Pavlovic get back in the lineup?

Reports out of Cleveland say that Sasha Pavlovic is ready to go, but the question of whether or not he will get back into the rotation is up in the air.

Quote:
Sasha says he's ready to go, but that doesn't mean he'll see the floor any time soon

INDEPENDENCE After teaming with Anderson Varejao for a spirited game of two-on-two against assistant coaches Chris Jent and Lloyd Pierce on Thursday at Cleveland Clinic Courts, Cavaliers guard Sasha Pavlovic pronounced himself ready to play against the Washington Wizards tonight in Game 6.
However, judging from the tone of Cavaliers coach Mike Brown, whose team leads 3-2 in the best-of-seven series, its probably not going to happen.
Its tough because Sasha hasnt had any live action (since spraining his ankle on April 14), Brown said. Its hard for me to say Sasha is going to be ready for playoff action like this.
Brown didnt totally rule out playing the 6-foot-7, 239-pounder, who was in uniform for the first time in the series in Game 5, but said right now, its not at the top of my list.
Pavlovic, who had a down season after missing all of training camp due to a holdout and then suffering two foot injuries, understands the reasoning, but vows to be ready if needed.
I feel a lot better, he said. Im ready to play. Its Coachs decision. Whenever he calls my name, Im going to go in and play as hard as I can and try to help us get a win.
The two Cleveland players who have seen most of the action at shooting guard in the series, Wally Szczerbiak
(14-of-39) and Devin Brown (8-of-30), are shooting a combined .319 from the field.
Mike Brown said Szczerbiak will continue in his starting role, but added LeBron James may defend Caron Butler at the start of Game 6. Butler had 14 points against the slow-footed Szczerbiak in the first period of Game 5 en route to 32 for the night.

http://www.chroniclet.com/2008/05/02...ng-any-action/

So, what is the consensus?

Should Sasha get back into the rotation, assuming he is healthy? He hasn't played much this season with his hold-out and injury problems, but I still feel like he has something to contribute. He is probably our best defensive two and he can be an explosive scorer.

Then again, it seems as though Wally, Boobie, and Brown have a good thing going.

RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote