View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Who do we want in RETURN???

Obviously a PG and/or SF of the starting caliber. As nice as Granger sounds, he is out of the question if you ask me. He was only brought up in conversation because an Indiana fan came in asked "Would you take [insert Pacer player we don't want] for [insert Blazers we didn't find worth trading to the Pacers]". We then claimed the only player we would want from the Pacers is Granger, but I don't see a realistic trade that would satisfy needs for both teams.

I'm on board for the Calderon trade as long as it doesn't include Outlaw AND the #13 pick. If they want both, we will need to expand the trade in a way we get something else too (whether it be from the Raptors or a third team).

I would also be ok with TJ Ford, but the price must be much cheaper talent wise. Maybe Martell plus 2nd rounders OR Jack plus 2nd rounders. Again, I'm not sure how well this will sit with Raptor fans though.

Andre Miller sounds good, but I again see this as improbable due to his large contract combined with his age. I would be fine with getting him as long as the talent we give up isn't in our long term plans and that we have a backup plan for once Miller ages, because I just see Miller sustaining his current level for another year or 2 and then starting to decline fairly quickly.

I'm having a hard time thinking of new trade ideas. I could throw out player names I would love to have, but I can't think of which ones would be a realistic chance at this moment.

Edit: btw, thanks for the boost on the Blazer discussions. I hope you stick around.

Last edited by Myth : 05-06-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote