View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 03:20 PM   #52
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Who Gets Traded???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Hell yeah I'd do that, but the contracts won't match up. Jack makes $1.2 mil while Calderon is going to be between $5-6 mil. Plus, the Raptors wouldn't do that anyway.

Also, the next time trades will be allowed are on draft day, so they can't trade before the outcome of the lottery is decided.

Finally: Blazers can't draw picks 4-12 without a trade. They can get 1, 2, 3, 13, or 14 with the current lottery system. The ping pong balls only decide the top 3 picks, and then the rest of the picks are according to record. For example of how this works, Denver has the best record putting them most likely at 14. But if a miracle happens for them, they will be pushed to 1, 2, or 3 and the rest of the teams would be shifted back. That would then give Portland the best record of the lottery teams that did not draw 1, 2, or 3 so the Blazers will then be dropped back to the 14th pick.

In other words, we are only about as likely to the 14th pick as we are to get one of the top 3 picks, so we are close to 99% likely to get the 13th pick.

I meant Golden State. I mix them up because they both have thugs and use small ball.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote