View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 10:32 PM   #7
Pokerface
Great young streetballer

Default Re: who do you draft?

The InsideHoops Mock Draft has DeAndre Jordan 7' C from Texas A&M as the Nuggets pick at nr 20, and Fox Sports has Jason Thompson 6'10" F/C from Rider as their pick. After looking up some information on the two of them, I believe that Thompson is perhaps a better fit. He's a four-year player from Rider who can shoot the ball from the outside and is a pretty good defender. I don't believe that Jordan will be there at #20. I agree with others who said that the Nuggets need a big man who can score and defend, and although Thompson played at a small school, he seems to be able to do both and has a lot of confidence in his ability.

I'm also intrigued at the possibility of JR playing PG. With some solid coaching, he could perhaps, develop into a very good PG. He handles the ball and passes very well, and pushes the ball up the floor with great speed. But the Nuggets need to bring in at least one coach who is experienced at developing players such as JR, Melo, Jones, and T. Green. They also need a big man coach who can help Nene to develop his full potential.
Pokerface is offline   Reply With Quote