View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 12:35 AM   #15
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Would you trade Melo and for who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Crew
Aren't Joe Johnson, Mike Bibby, and Josh Smith part of the team? Last time I checked they were. All I'm trying to say is that Melo and A.I. has great compliment players to help them out, but they aren't using them, both of these guys tend to be self-fish and this Nuggets team needs to play like a team.

Did I say they weren't? Last time I checked, you said "they all chipped in", which I assumed meant that every player on that team helped and played good, which definetly was not the case except for the 3 I listed above. Also forgot to add Horford who did a good job by gobbling up tons of rebounds and did most of the dirty work for his team even though he didin't shoot the ball well and couldn't stay out of foul trouble most games.

Quote:
George Karl may not be a coach like Poppy, Jackson, or Johnson, but he knows what it takes to win. In his twenty years of coaching he has been to the playoffs seventeen times! When George Karl got to Denver the Nuggets were 17-25, and didn't seem to have a chance to get into the playoffs. When he took over after that the Nuggets went 32-8 and got into the playoffs. He is the 12th most winningest in NBA history and has not had a losing season in 14 straight seasons. As you can see that is why the Nuggets decided to keep him along with his contract. I'd like to see a new coach in Denver, but we gotta take what we have. Our gameplan is all about running because it's pretty much the only thing we can do, no defense and we take too many quick shots when playing half court offense. Either Melo or A.I. has to go so the team can settle down and move in one direction. Look at San Antonio they are a defensive team that can play half court and the reason is because they build around Duncan. Too many superstars with bad reputations can cause a lot of trouble, especially like a team like the Nuggets.
Stop giving credit only to George Karl because without Carmelo they wouldn't be where they are today. Can't believe you're aren't giving any credit to the player that averaged 21 ppg + 6 rpg in his rookie year to help lead his team into the players after posting a horrendous 17-65 record without him the previous year. Karl may have helped them go 32-8, but without Melo, no way in hell does he do that with the roster that he had back then, so give credit where credit is due as well.

Quote:
I'm not saying the coaches have no part in whether their players players or improve their play overall, but a young team like the Nuggets will take time and if we want to hurry up we need vets. That is why I like basketball players who play about three or so years in college to improve their basketball mechanics. The Nuggets have Melo with one year of college and J.R. with no college experience. In the NBA these guys can't be told to do something unless they want to because they have the money. If the players never went or have little expierence in college, I like to see them work hard like Kobe who wants to get better, and Lebron is doing the samething as well.

No need to worry, both Melo and J.R. are still very young and have plenty of time to improve their D and their game.

Quote:
A.I. takes shots that are not needed, but I understand why he takes so many shots in the game when he has Melo, J.R., and company and not pass it to them. It's because he is so used to playing an individual game for so long that he just gets caught up in the moment. A.I.

That's still not a good excuse for AI. It's like me saying, before AI came, Melo was the man in Denver and took all the shots, then even after AI came, he still couldn't resist but keep taking all those shots because he was used to it.

Quote:
Someone needs to be found as a leader on this team and if no one can step into that role, someone has to be let go, whether it's A.I., Melo, or even Camby.

I agree, George Karl needs to go.

Quote:
On a different note, what do you think about the Melo and Camby for Nowitzky trade, and even the Richard Jefferson trade would you trade or not?
Yeah right, Dallas actually trading away Dirk?
Go watch this video and tell me if Cuban would even ever consider trading Dirk away right now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwA3-TOLB8s

As for the Jefferson trade, go read the 1st post.

I also want to add that Denver does not rotate well on defense, nor do they constest jumpers, and does a poor job getting back after fast breaks. Remember, not all players fault, coach is at fault as well and since it's alot easier to get rid of a coach than a player....what's the hold up?

Last edited by KRAYZIE : 05-22-2008 at 12:42 AM.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote