View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 08:46 PM   #4
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Breaking down the Cavaliers player-by-player (Plain dealer article

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
While I agree with most of what you have to say, Mathius, Damon Jones has always been known as a three point marksman. He wasn't at the age where he was going to dramatically change his game around when the Cavs signed him, and they should've known that. Blame Cavs management, not him, for the money that he got. I like the guy, I can honestly say. Is he the type of PG that can start on a championship caliber team? No. Is he an all around player? No. I do like the confidence that he brings to the team, though, and can't understand for the life of me why Mike Brown nailed him to the bench in the latter stages of the season.

The writer contradicts himself when he speaks of Anderson.......

"You don't have much offensively"

"Develop a midrange jumper"

If Anderson can't hit a jumpshot at his age, then he's never going to. He's young, but not THAT young. At some point, you stop improving, you plateau for awhile, and you are who you are.........

Cavs management's fault or not, he's far too arrogant for me to ever like him. The guy is absolutely blessed to be in the NBA because he really belongs behind a counter at McDonalds.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote