View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #5
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Default Re: Breaking down the Cavaliers player-by-player (Plain dealer article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Where in the blue hells are we supposed to get money to sign Elton Brand? The author loses all credibility right there. He sounds like a fanboy.

Wierder things have happened in the NBA.

Quote:
First off, that doesn't even make sense. "Shouldn't start or play big minutes." doesn't sound like criticism to me, it sounds like a projection. And Devin Brown would have done a hell of a lot better job than Wally, or Sasha.

You don't know this. Yet in another post you say the key for next season is Wally if we keep him, do you love or hate the guy? Yea I'm sure Devin "somebody or another" would've helped us much better with his inconsistent season play in the playoffs.

Quote:
Where do I start? Anderson Varejo has never been good enough to guard Kevin Garnett consistently, EVER. Second? Varejo developing a mid range jumper? I don't know about the rest of you, but I scream at my t.v. when he gets to touch the basketball. Lastly? Energy bench player? Is this idiot failing to see that Andy has been exposed by the league, and isn't going to be back? His peak was last year, pre playoffs when he was leading the league in charges taken. Then the playoffs hit and the refs got wise to his flopping. Now he's a joke. In fact, he's stupid. His attitude is stupid, his hair is stupid, his flopping is stupid, and his persistence in trying to do things on offense is stupid.

Like anyone in the NBA can consistently guard Garnett, it's more or less slowing the guy down. Yet during the playoffs Anderson slowed down Garnett more than any other player on the Cavs when he was in the game, but yet Anderson didn't get many minutes and they would bring in Wallace who did worse defensively against Garnett. Wallace wouldn't hustle to Garnett on the outside shots he sank nor did anyone else except Anderson. Scream at your TV when Wallace touches the ball more than Anderson IMO. You seem mad at Anderson for almost no reason. Sure, the guy makes stupid mistakes sometimes, so does LeBron when he jacks up wierd ass 3pointers, but give the guy credit for hustling. He hustles in to get the charge, and maybe cause a turnover, he hustles on the rebounds, he gives his body up to get the Cavs maybe 1 more possession they need to win.

Quote:
Damon Jones was brought in as Danny Ferry's "answer" to our needs at point guard with Eric Snow at the position. Damon Jones has failed in every aspect of that opportunity. He was not brought in and paid all that money to stand behind the arc and shoot threes. To commend him for it is absurd.

Tell us something we don't know already. We knew what type of point guard Jones was before he got here. He can't run offense that well, can't create, he's just a spot up 3point shooter and that is it.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote