View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 07:18 PM   #6
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Breaking down the Cavaliers player-by-player (Plain dealer article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Wierder things have happened in the NBA.

Not weird enough. There is no way for the Cavs to clear that much money off the books before free agency, unless they start giving players away to teams with available cap money.

Quote:
You don't know this.

Yeah, I do. For one simple reason. Wally was pretty much non existent except for one game.

Quote:
Yet in another post you say the key for next season is Wally if we keep him, do you love or hate the guy? Yea I'm sure Devin "somebody or another" would've helped us much better with his inconsistent season play in the playoffs.

Show me this post you're babbling about. I would have never used the words, "if we keep him" for one, because he is still under contract. The only way we get rid of him is if we trade him.

The key to next season is Wally? Definitely didn't come out of my mouth. I've said that I felt he would be the steal out of the trades we made, and I've been wrong so far. He clearly has lost whatever shooting touch he used to have, and that stat about him being a career .280 something three point shooter in the playoffs is something I wish I'd known before.

If Wally could be the second scorer we need, then yeah, he might put us over the top next year, but that's a big if.

And I happen to have a hell of a lot of respect for Devin Brown's game. The guy is like a poor man's version of Lebron James. He puts up 10/5/5 minimum every time he plays 25 minutes or more. And most people don't know that he led his high school, and college in all time scoring. If he was given a more prominent role in the offense, who knows what he could achieve. But irregardless of that, he still needs to be on the floor because the guy just plain fills up a stat sheet, even if he isn't scoring.

Quote:
Like anyone in the NBA can consistently guard Garnett, it's more or less slowing the guy down. Yet during the playoffs Anderson slowed down Garnett more than any other player on the Cavs when he was in the game, but yet Anderson didn't get many minutes and they would bring in Wallace who did worse defensively against Garnett. Wallace wouldn't hustle to Garnett on the outside shots he sank nor did anyone else except Anderson. Scream at your TV when Wallace touches the ball more than Anderson IMO. You seem mad at Anderson for almost no reason. Sure, the guy makes stupid mistakes sometimes, so does LeBron when he jacks up wierd ass 3pointers, but give the guy credit for hustling. He hustles in to get the charge, and maybe cause a turnover, he hustles on the rebounds, he gives his body up to get the Cavs maybe 1 more possession they need to win.

Blah blah blah blah. Don't waste my f*ing time again defending Varejo. He's a worthless, gutless, retard and I can't f*cking stand him.

And don't tell me I have no good reason. The idiot flops way too much, and almost cost us the series against Detroit last year. He hasn't learned from any of his mistakes, still making stupid moves offensively, and still flopping, even though the refs don't give him the calls anymore. And he had the balls to hold out for more money like the idiot deserved it.

Quote:
Tell us something we don't know already. We knew what type of point guard Jones was before he got here. He can't run offense that well, can't create, he's just a spot up 3point shooter and that is it.

And that's good enough for you, huh? Fantastic. Another quality Cleveland fan. Just show up to watch Lebron throw down some jams, kiddie?

We're paying this idiot a pretty good chunk of change to sit on the end of the pine and grin at the camera and make stupid jokes. It's almost like having Danny Ferry on the payroll again. If I had no frig'n life, I'd go look up all the players who make less money than him and are doing better, and I'd list them here to show you just why you should be as pissed as I am.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote