View Single Post
Old 06-01-2008, 11:04 PM   #40
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: True or False: Whites are better in bands/Blacks as solo artist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
I'm getting confused here. Why is Neil Young a solo artist but not Hendrix? They both played with full bands.
Some of Neil Young's most successful work, like the album 'Harvest' for example, is a solo project.

Jimi never did an album that wasn't either with Experience or Band of Gypsies.

I think the difference is pretty distinct.

Neil is known as a guy that simply cannot stay in a band. Crazy Horse has been the exception, but that is more of a side project than a main-stay. He is always bouncing around, doing his own thing.

Jimi COULD be considered a solo artist, since he wrote all of the songs and, in the recording studio, played most of the instruments. But, again, his short-lived career was spent with a band around him. It is tough to separate him as 'solo', but I wouldn't fight with you about it.

Clearly, Hendrix WAS the Experience and, to a lesser extent, Band of Gypsies (those guys were great musicians... better than the Experience guys).
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote