View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 07:23 AM   #1
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Should I get a XBOX 360?

I've been looking to buy a new console since I've been getting sick of computer games lately. I've been reading up on XBOX 360's for the past few days. How many people have had the red rings, and how many times, and what were the circumstances? People say that if you play for several hours, it tends to over heat, but why can't you just play for two hours, save, and then just shut it off for 20-30 minutes, and then restart and resume your game? What's so hard about that?

I realize you shouldn't have to do something like that, but I would try anything and everything to prevent the red rings.

I don't want to buy a new one, because I don't have the money, but I see people on Craig's list selling ones that have the red rings, and all I'd have to do is send it in to Microsoft. On the other hand, new ones come with a 3 year warranty, and I would like that, more like need it. Another option is to buy a used one and purchase an extended warranty, but that would probably just cost me a bit less than a brand new one, and I might as well just spend the extra money if I'm going to do that.

And why are old games still $30-50? They don't have a PS2 Greatest hits kind of line? All those games are brand new, but only $19.99. I'm still seeing three year old games that cost the same when they were brand new, and that's ****ing crazy, and it's a pain in the ass to mod the XBOX to play burned games, and I hate to buy used games.

BUT, I want a new system. I'm sick of buying new games for the PS2, like NBA 2K8, and it being nothing compared to the PS3 version. It's like buying half a game, knowing the other system's version is so much better.

Also, there are some games that are PS3 exclusive. Is GOWIII coming out for the XBOX 360? I don't think it is, which sucks.

Lots of cons to one pro, which is it is a new system, and it has a ton of great games.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote