View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 05:13 AM   #61
holabuster
I brick open layups

holabuster has decent reputation
Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

Has everyone forgotten? The Bulls were a damn good team a year ago. Nearly everyone was counting on the Bulls to be great contenders for a long time and to push even further into the playoffs. The players do NOT suck. They're NOT below average. In fact, I still think Hinrich and Deng are great players and will continue to improve.

Now what was the problem? Team chemistry and lack of a cohesive coaching presence. A low-post, score-first mentality player would be great, but what the Bulls really need is someone to restore team unity and help bring out everyone's A game. Rose is the man to do that.

For a stretch the seaon before last, the Bulls were torching everyone on threes and taking it to the hole quite nicely. There was great sharing of the ball, lots of drive and dishing, and solid defense. I think the Bulls should maintain their core and have Rose to keep everyone at their best, be the Chris Paul to the Bulls. THEN, when the occasion comes, fill in the missing piece by trading for a big man.

My Ideal Lineup:
PG: Rose
SG: Hinrich
SF: Deng
PF: Gooden
C: Noah

Eventually, we should get a better low post presence, but that isn't what's most important now.

Rose all the way.
holabuster is offline   Reply With Quote