View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 12:00 PM   #68
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: The Bulls will regret their decision if they draft Rose over Beasley

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
You're trying too hard here. Just admit when Beasley plays the game he isnt 6'7. The poster implied Beasley is only 6'7. He is wrong. If you arent gonna draft a guy based on his height WITHOUT SHOES you are an idiot. Again NBA players PLAY with thier SHOES ON. The height listed without is irrelevant as hell.

Nice try tho.

If height without shoes was irrelevant than the NBA wouldn't let guys like Shaq, Elton Brand and Kevin Durant be listed at that height.

Beasley is as much 6'8" when he's on the court as I am 5'9" when i walk down the street. Considering I wear workboots at work does that mean I'm 5'10" when I'm at work? I just don't get it. So if you mean if Beasley was stopped while he was on the court and measured then yes he wouldn't be only 6'7". If that's all that matters though then Shaq would be called 7'3" and Durant would be called 6'10" while Garnett is 7'1" and Bosh is over 7 feet then.

NFL players wear shoes too and they wear helmets which also add height but there is a reason they aren't measured in both of those and that's because someones real height is measured in their bare feet.

I can't figure it out, height shouldn't be subjective.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote