View Single Post
Old 06-26-2008, 11:51 PM   #3
shaoyut
National High School Star

Default Re: Question (from non cavs fan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
You're not looking at the whole picture. First off, Lebron has more loyalty than the majority of stars out there. He's been quoted as being upset a lot of times when guys were traded, and he has a lot of faith in management. Lastly, he grew up in Akron, he's having a huge house built in OH. (Bath I think) and he WANTS to be here. It's one of his dreams to bring a championship to the Cavs.

Also, the guys we picked up last year, were very specifically picked because all of their contracts expire before Lebron James' contract. Which means we have time to revamp this team at least one more time before Lebron has to make his decision.

Those are the two biggest reasons why I'm not sweating him leaving.

Also, to be perfectly honest, I have never been shy about questioning the Cavs organizations decisions, or personnel (I HATE Mike Brown), and it makes me extremely happy that Lebron is here, not just as a player, but because as long as he's here, and Dan Gilbert is here, the team's front office is going to continue to make moves until they get that championship, and that's something I haven't seen in my lifetime. We watched Mark Price's team go year after year, figuring this would be their time, and never really adding any new pieces to make them better. It was very frustrating.

The Cavs are VERY underrated as is. Not only did they make the Finals two years ago, but this year, I don't think anyone challenged Boston in the playoffs more than the Cavs, including the Lakers. Defense and good half court basketball really DOES win championships.

Mathius

shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote