View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 08:05 PM   #20
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
Going to need you guys to help me out here, because as a Non-American watching this continuing debacle unfold I just don't get it, is there nothing you can do as a president in the US to get fired ?

War Crimes - yes
Torture - yes
Lying to the citizens repeatedly - yes
Breaking the law - yes
Complete incompetence - yes
No progress 5 years after 9/11 - yes
Secret prisons - yes

And the list goes on and on, and yet somehow you guys till keep him in office, why ?
At first it was just kinda funny really, looking at the guy you somehow elected president even if he didn't get the most votes, a guy who validated every anti-american prejudice you could possible have. But the joke stopped being funny 5 years ago, as the rest of us have to suffer the consequences of his actions as well but are unable to do anything about it.

At this point any claim you might once have had to being the land of liberty and justice is gone, along with any claim of moral superiority, and yet you continue to let him drag you down with him.

The same reason Clinton was able to stay in office despite breaking numerous laws, having a man killed, taking money from the Chinese government, lobbying on behalf of Enron, etc.

The same reason Bush I remained in office despite placing the UN's will over that of the Congress.

The same reason Reagan remained in office despite illegally selling arms to terrorists.

An apathetic American public and a bunch of cowards in Congress who are afraid of threatening their power when their party is in control.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote