View Single Post
Old 08-31-2008, 06:14 AM   #11
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Games with best storylines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Metal Gear Solid (who series, MGS3 to be exact) and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time have always had the best 2 stories in my opinion.

I give Zelda the complete edge. MGS was good, but MGS2 ruined the series for me. The scenes were too long and convoluted. I really wasn't sure what was going on by the end of it, and I think they meant that deliberately.

I always wanted to write some Zelda novels, but I wouldn't even know where to begin. Do you write a few chapters and submit it to Nintendo to try and get the rights? Do you write Nintendo first? With no previous storytelling experience, how do you convince them you're good enough. Whatever...

I don't know how anyone can name a Final Fantasy game here. The storylines are so convoluted with japanese style fantasy elements like Gaia, etc. along with bits of mythology thrown in for good measure. Most of the stories are so out there.

San Andreas was a good game, but the storyline was so basic, and definitely served more to keep the different missions moving than anything else. Nothing fundementally great about them. Some good comedic relief is about all.

The Legacy of Kain series is definitely right up there with Zelda. Again I give Zelda the edge, because A. the LOK series isn't finished. B. the LOK series takes some twists into some subplots that make you go, 'huh' ? until you get further ahead... and even the end includes some paradox's you just don't understand. I remember debating the story for a good 25 pages on a GameFaqs board, as people argued whether or not Raziel would be back.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote