Thread: Trading JO?
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 11:36 AM   #26
Good High School Starter
bluerap's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 849
Default Re: Trading JO?

Originally Posted by YaoMing4MVP
Why are we having these hypethetical situations of trading JO?

The bottom line is, if he stays healthy, he'll dominate. If he doesn't, he'll suck and no one will want him for 21M a year anyways. In the latter scenario, we're stuck with him and won't get anything in return even if we trade him.

So either he thrives with the Raptors and take the team down with him. Well, even if he stucks, we'll still make the Playoffs provided Bosh is healthy, but we just won't go very far.

We, including BC, knew this was going to be a gamble with maybe a 65% chance of success and a 35% chance of complete failure, so let's just keep our fingers crossed and see what happens.

I disagree. JO will have value next season, regardless of how he is playing because a team wanting to rebuild is always interested in taking an expiring contract in exchange for some long-term cap relief - see pau gasol trade.
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote