View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 03:49 AM   #64
inaminute23
I airball my layups

inaminute23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: eurobasket2009 qualifiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
the real batle for basketball in britain starts now.By this I mean the press,see in how many supposedly sports news channels it will be on,how many words dedicated to it in the papers,I believe that battle to be the most important for basketball in britain,and I am totally pessimistic!! It won't happen.I dont think GB will be a force in Poland but just being there is a massive achievement.Yet the press will have nothing on it.Maybe a little section of about a qtr page at most.

Your so right, the British media are a shambles!!! The players deserve the upmost respect for what they have achieved. It has to start now with the media, lets get them to build us up for the next 12 months, and so when we do go to Poland we are not aliens to the british public. Will it happen? I won't hold my breath, but what i am hoping for is live tv coverage next year. If this doesn't happen something is seriousley wrong, and British basketball will more than tick on, but with no more media coverage than now.

Im glad you are following GB closely, La Bomba. I hope you are as proud as i am today.......Poland 2009 here i come!!
inaminute23 is offline   Reply With Quote