View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 11:27 PM   #36
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Natural Dreadlocks

My son started growing dreads about 4 months ago. This was his 3rd attempt at growing them.

I wasn't very happy about it, but hey he's a grown man what can I do. However he came over the other day and they are starting to look really good now. They are about 8 inches long so far. He shampoos his hair everyday, with some dread shampoo he found. He doesn't put anything else in it, no wax or anything. His girlfriend re-twists them about once a month.

I have a girlfriend that started growing hers when she turned 50. She turned 55 on Sept 17 and they are as long as some of the pictures posted. She goes to the shop and gets her re-twisted once a month also.

I don't like people like lil Wayne who just lets them grow and look horrible.

Getting them re-twisted REALLY helps the look and keeps them individual, if you dont they just mat up together and that's when they look nasty (IMO).

My friends as well as my sons look good (imo) because you can still see their scalp and each individual dread.
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote