View Single Post
Old 09-25-2006, 11:32 PM   #20
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles
Heart means taking whatever punishment you have to take, surviving when you're getting dominated, and never giving up or looking for a way out.

And this has always been one of the stupidest arguments I've heard. Penn's stamina wasn't in the same place Hughes' was, does that take away from the latter's win? Should we penalize Hughes because he has a better work ethic and trains harder than the spoiled rich kid?

Matt Hughes is far less talented than B.J. Penn and still ended up destroying Penn. That's the true mark of a champion in my eyes.

And MMA mathematics doesn't really work, I know, but I am more assured after this fight that Hughes can beat GSP as Matt lasted 2 rounds with an attacking Penn before TKOing him in the third, whereas GSP only had to deal with a motivated Penn for one, and even than only squeeked out a decision victory.

Oh, no doubt. I really didn't mean to take away from Hughes victory, I'm just saying, I think Penns cardio had alot more to do with him losing than anything Matt did had to do with him winning. The guys "dominates" he kills anyone put in his path and I bet it felt good to avenge that loss.

Next month is gonna be alot off fun for MMA fans. Pride in USA, Ultimate fight night with a pretty good free card, and Franklin VS Silva all in the same month.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote