San Antonio Spurs (0-0) vs. Phoenix Suns (0-0)
When: 8:00 P.M. EST
Where: AT&T Center; San Antonio, Texas
Media: ESPN, MY35 HD, WOAI 1200
6'2", 180 lbs.
6'11", 260 lbs.
Spurs: Manu Ginobili (ankle), Fabricio Oberto (heart), Ian Mahinmi (ankle), George Hill (thumb)
TBT's Keys to the Game
1. Big men cannot get in foul trouble. Both Oberto and Mahinmi are out for the game, so the Spurs are playing with a thin front line. Not to mention the fact that Phoenix is so dominant in the post with Shaq and Amare that they can't afford to have Duncan or Thomas to be off the floor.
2. Supporting cast must find ways to score. We can't have Tony Parker and Tim Duncan double-teamed because Finley, Bowen, etc. aren't knocking down shots. Those guys are going to have to find a way to put the ball in the basket if San Antonio expects to have any hopes of keeping this game close.
3. Run the pick & roll often. It's without a doubt going to be our easiest means to score this game, and with Ginobili out on the perimeter, Parker and Duncan will be relied upon more to shoulder the bulk of the scoring load. Wings need to be ready to knock down shots if Parker kicks it out.
4. Keep the Suns under 90 points. The Spurs stand very little chance at putting up 90+, and if the defense isn't able to keep Phoenix from scoring, this game will be blown wide open. Even with Manu on the floor, it would still be tough for us to put up those #'s. Keep it under 90.
5. Play smart. We can't afford to turn the ball over with such a poor offensive lineup on the court. S.A. needs to make the best of every possession, because if Phoenix can create turnovers this game will be a blowout in their favor.
TBT's Prediction: Suns win, 103-82
TBT's Prediction Record: 0-0
Go, Spurs, Go!!