View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 08:04 PM   #1
qrich
King Heno

Default Cassell Wants To Coach Clips

Quote:
LOS ANGELES - As he sat down at his locker stall an hour before Sunday’s game, inserting tickets into envelopes and sealing them, Boston Celtics guard Sam Cassell reminisced about his time when he was a Staples Center crowd favorite.

The 2005-2006 season was a glorious time for Cassell, as the point guard and inspirational leader of the Clippers. He led them to the best regular-season record in team history and into the playoffs, where the Clippers came within an eyelash of reaching the Western Conference finals.

“This is my home away from home,” Cassell said. “I had lots of success here. I enjoyed playing here.”

Cassell owns a home in Marina del Rey that he rents out to a former Clippers’ employee. But after securing a buyout of his contract last February, Cassell was waived by the Clippers and then signed by the Celtics. He helped Boston win several late-season games although his role subsequently was diminished in the playoffs.

But the 39-year old Cassell was preparing for his future, having already proclaimed that the 2008-2009 season - his 16th in the NBA - would be his last. Cassell’s next job, he hopes, will be as a NBA coach, as soon as the 2009-2010 season.

“I’m ready,” Cassell said. “I know I’m ready.”

Cassell said a dream come true for him would be to one day return to Los Angeles and coach the Clippers.

Art Thompson III, OC Register

Do it, do it, do it.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote