View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 10:01 PM   #5
nmsunsfan
I airball my layups

Default Re: I think it's time

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer44
It's just getting hard to root for a team that has long faces, even when they're playing well. The team doesn't seem to gel at all to me. I think there's too many on this team that wants theirs instead of thinking about team, they think about themselves.

I really just don't see that. They want to win above all else. Yeah I have heard shaq and amare both complain about touches a couple times a piece, but in my opinion everyone will come around as the playoffs get closer. My only fear is that they will have shot themselves completely out of the running if they don't shape up soon.

Quote:
We also whine and complain way too much. It's getting old. I have a feeling the refs are sick of it also.

This one is simple. If the refs would stop blatantly ripping us off in these games that are decided by less than 10 points, I would have nothing to complain about. If the Suns get blown out and the refs sucked the whole game, who cares? But when I watch the other team get HANDED something like 14 points over the course of a single period, it pisses me the **** off when the game is then real close down the stretch. The times that those "bad calls" DIRECTLY influence the outcome of a game are infuriating. The only thing that makes it worse is that there is absolutely ZERO recourse for this garbage. The league doesn't even recognize it. Make a bad call in the NFL, your *** is suspended and fined. Same goes for just about every other sport I can think of. Happens in the NBA, it's more or less just "get over it you crybaby fans".

Quote:
There were a few bad calls in the Spurs game, but there always is. I've seen our team get away with things plenty of times also. We just notice more when it's called against us. I remember when Shaq played for the other team and I thought he ran over people. Now I think he's getting mugged while he plays for us. It's just the nba, it'll never change.

I will wait til I get back home and watch the DVR before commenting much further on this.... However, seeing the replays on the overhead made me sick. Ginobili in particular. Dude flops every single time and they reward him for it. Then the Spurs get away with whatever they want on the other side. Makes me feel like this **** is just flat out rigged sometimes.

Quote:
In regards to being a bandwagon fan, I've been a diehard suns fan for 22 yrs, since I moved here. I have always loved the suns, but this year is hard to watch. Not because they're losing. Their whole demeanor just sucks.

Sorry bro I wasn't trying to imply that YOU are a bandwagon fan at all with that comment. I was just saying that if the team pisses you off and you no longer enjoy watching them, simply don't. I do hear you though man... I am also coming up on 20 years, saw my first game in the old coliseum in 1990. I still watched them when they were a sub 500 team for many years after chuck was gone. I have seen them way worse than they are right now, in every single measurable way. Maybe I am just foolishly optimistic, but I think they can go deep into the postseason without making a single move.

Quote:
Hate to say it, but this team is done. Time to start to re-tool. Is it too early to say that? Possibly, but I've been a basketball fan...Played ball in High School, love College, NBA and I get a good feel for the game. This team just has too many hurdles to be a contender. Wish I was wrong but don't think so.

I think you are wrong. When the Suns dominate the playoffs, I'll have to rub it in with a "told ya so".

Ok that one even made me a little... but still, I think they are going to come together in time. What would you rather?... watch them kinda suck for awhile longer, with the chance of being great when they actually DO gel?... or watch them blow this team up and then have them completely suck for another 10 years?

Quote:
Oh yea..... Screw the Luckers

Amen.
nmsunsfan is offline   Reply With Quote