View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 07:37 PM   #19
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What is your stance on embryonic stem cell research?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAzE024
While that was a funny (and creative) joke, it actually is a serious issue. No, stem cells will not make humans immortal by any means, but their use would certainly throw off the current balance of things. With people ****ing like it's going out of style, many countries, including our own, are already battling overpopulation. This shift in the balance of births/deaths will just speed this up. People don't understand how scary overpopulation is. Imagine how uncomfortable life could be. It won't show itself in your lifetime, but it is scary to consider possible consequences of stem cell research. This has nothing to do with morality or political connotations, it is simply practical.
Have no fear, President Palin's war with China will cure that problem. In the meantime, I like the idea of having more effective medicines. I don't know about you, but I had always thought that the point of the health care industry was to cure people's ailments.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote