View Single Post
Old 03-11-2009, 01:53 PM   #24
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Default Re: this is why your fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
I have never liked bacon, I did not eat it even as a jit. I also don't get the American fascination with it. On that site, mofos are putting it in chocolate cookies.

From CulinarySherpas.com

Quote:
I bring you the ultimate chocolate chip cookie, the Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookie.

Of course, AFTER I made the little temptresses I googled to see if I had finally found my million dollar ticket. The new Mrs. Fieldís fortune pre-bankruptcy. My road to Oprah-style money, but I hadnít. Apparently some fancy chocolatier has been making bacon chocolate bars, while another breakfast dude has been topping cookies with bacon for some time. DAMNIT!
But Iím going with it. Iím gonna hold the crown until someone else rips it out of my cold, dead hands.
Curious?

Do you see that little red piece of crunchy, yummy bacon?
The salty, crisp bacon is MAGIC with the sweet chocolately cookie. Perfection. I recommend NOT eating these straight from the oven as you will not stop.
Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 2 1/2 dozen *Must refrigerate for storage
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups 60% Cocoa Bitter-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
10-12 slices Smoked Bacon, cooked to a crisp and then finely chopped
PREHEAT oven to 375į F.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Add chopped, cooked Bacon and mix for 1 minute. Stir in morsels. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote