View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 09:06 PM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
It was pretty well known that the national title was never in their grasp, I personally thought Quinn had a shot at Heisman, but he hasn't played as well as I anticipated.

They have only lost one game, and that was to the #2 team in the Nation. They may have been overhyped, but they are still a very good football team. When, and if, they are ever able to recruit a defense, Notre Dame will be a force again, Charlie Weiss has brought the prestige back to the program, it will take time for the recruits to get there, but already in his second season, he has begun to change the program.

I believe you were guranteeing it (national title/heisman).

Just busting ya chops...but ND is a good team, just overrated and hyped up too early. The program will get back to the status that many of us know Notre Dame to be. And ND just needs time. As you mentioned recruiting some defensive studs would be a direction to go for sure. Building up a program takes time because you dont want an over nighter. You want something that continues much like how USC does. Lose bigtime players and thru recruiting are able to replace and field a winner. So i agree ND will be back...just think the media rushed them way too early. If they didnt we probably see a better team...maybe not but imo i believe so. Team just wasnt ready to shoulder all those expectations placed on them this fast.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote